WHAT IS THE SM86 BEST SUITED TO?
The SM86 is ideal for a lead vocal artist. It is most suited for performances on stage but is equally at home for use in the studio.
WHAT ARE THE CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SM86?
The SM86 has a condenser microphone for studio quality sound and a cardioid pickup pattern which isolates the main sound source while minimizing unwanted background noise, making it ideal if working with stage monitors and in-ear monitors.
It has an extended high frequency response of 15Hz - 18kHz and a high maximum sound pressure level (SPL) of 124dB. The built-in three point shock mount minimizes handling noise, and a two-stage pop filter reduces wind and breath "pop" noise.
WHAT RECEIVER COMES WITH THE SM DIGITAL WIRELESS VOCAL SYSTEM?
The SM Digital Wireless Vocal System comes with the Digital Wireless Receiver GLXD4. It combines automatic frequency management with true digital diversity for a rock-solid wireless signal with exceptional digital audio clarity.
Shure proprietary Lithium-Ion rechargeable batteries provide up to 16 hours of continuous use.
HOW DOES THE AUTOMATIC FREQUENCY MANAGEMENT WORK?
The Digital Wireless System feature LINKFREQ, an Automatic Frequency Management, making it easy to rely on seamless, crystal-clear audio.
- The receiver continuously analyses the available frequency spectrum.
- The receiver and transmitter automatically link using the best set of available frequencies.
- If interference occurs, the receiver and transmitter intelligently move together to the best open frequencies, without ANY audio interruption.
It's that simple. No buttons to push or controls to adjust.
HOW MANY MUSICIANS CAN USE THIS SYSTEM SIMULTANEOUSLY?
Depending on the operation mode, up to 8 compatible systems can be operated in parallel.
- In "Automatic mode" (with LINKFREQ enabled) up to 5 systems can be run in parallel.
- In "Manual mode" (with LINKFREQ disabled) up to 8 systems can be run in parallel.
HOW IS THE HANDLING OF THE RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES?
Shure proprietary Lithium-Ion rechargeable batteries provide up to 16 hours of continuous use. Transmitter runtime is 1.5 hours with only 15 minutes of charging, (3.0 h in 30 min. / 6.0 h in 60 min. / 16 h in 3 h)
Multiple Rechargeability options:
- Charge battery alone:
- GLXD4 integrated charge port
- SB902 GLX-D Lithium-ion battery - available separately
- Charge a spare battery while system is in use:
- SBC902 USB battery dock charger (available separately)
- Charge battery in-transmitter:
- USB charge cable (included)
- SBC-USB USB wall charger (available separately)
- SBC-CAR USB car charger (available separately)